Surrey Langley SkyTrain Project (SLS Project) – Stations Contract
The Surrey Langley SkyTrain Project (SLS Project) is a 16-km elevated extension of the existing Expo Line primarily along Fraser Highway from the current terminus at King George Station in the City of Surrey, through the Township of Langley to a new terminus station at 203 St. in Langley City Centre.
Surrey Langley SkyTrain Project (SLS Project)
Project Description: The Surrey Langley SkyTrain Project (SLS Project) is a 16-km elevated extension of the existing Expo Line primarily along Fraser Highway from the current terminus at King George Station in the City of Surrey, through the Township of Langley to a new terminus station at 203 St. in Langley City Centre. The Project includes eight new stations, three new transit exchanges, and nine new propulsion power substations.
The SLS Project consists of the following separately procured and staggered contracts:
- Guideway Contract – including substructures, superstructures, roadworks, and utilities, procured under a Design-Build-Finance (DBF) model.
- Stations Contract – including eight passenger stations, nine propulsion power substations, and 250m of guideway construction at the terminus station, procured under a Design-Build (DB) model.
- Systems and Trackwork Contract – including trackwork, power rail and linear induction motor (LIM) rail system, communications, automated train control, and power propulsion equipment, procured under a Target Price model.
|Client:||Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure|
|Project delivered by:||Transportation and Investment Corporation|
|Project Cost:||The capital cost of Surrey Langley SkyTrain is $3.94 billion. The total project cost, including active transportation investments, is $4.01 billion.|
|Project Status:||The Stations Contract is in procurement.|
|Images:||– SLS Project Alignment Map
– 166th St Station conceptual rendering
Stations Contract Milestones
|Request for Qualifications issued||October 3, 2022|
|Request for Qualifications closed||January 5, 2023|
|Announce shortlisted respondents||Spring 2023 (anticipated)|
|Request for Proposals issued||Spring 2023 (anticipated)|
|Contract award||Fall 2023 (anticipated)|
|Construction to begin||2024 (anticipated)|
|Construction completed||2028 (anticipated)|
- Surrey Langley SkyTrain takes another step
- Third request for qualifications issued for Surrey Langley SkyTrain
- Second procurement launched for Surrey Langley SkyTrain
- Province launches first procurement for Surrey Langley SkyTrain
Neal Baj, Senior Associate