FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
April 26, 2022
Infrastructure BC publishes the spring 2022 Major Projects Brochure
Vancouver, BC – Infrastructure BC is announcing the release of the latest edition of the BC Major Infrastructure Projects Brochure.
“Our government committed to taking quick action to modernize aging hospitals throughout British Columbia so people can continue to access public health-care services in modern surroundings,” said Adrian Dix, Minister of Health. “Hospitals around the province have served their communities very well, with dedicated health-care workers providing care for generations over the decades, but the time has come for many to be upgraded or replaced.”
“Through this informative brochure, Infrastructure BC continues to support the market with details that allow companies to better prepare the financial and human resources needed to bid on the broad range of opportunities available within British Columbia,” states Mark Liedemann, Infrastructure BC President and CEO. “This latest edition offers details on 85 projects throughout British Columbia, 12 of which are in the health-care sector.”
The BC Major Infrastructure Projects Brochure focuses on prospective public projects greater than $50 million from the early planning stage through to pre-procurement and active procurement.
The BC Major Infrastructure Projects Brochure, available via InfrastructureBC.com, is released with updates in the spring and fall of each year.
- Since 2002 Infrastructure BC has led the procurement of 70 completed projects across Canada valued at $23 billion.
- Infrastructure BC services consist of project planning, including procurement analysis (through Concept Plans and Business Cases), procurement management, design and construction oversight, contract administration, and project communications support.
- Infrastructure BC is a self-sustaining organization operating on a fee-for-service basis, governed by a Board of Directors, and reporting to the Minister of Finance as its sole shareholder.
- Infrastructure BC is working with owners in the planning phase on more than twenty projects, most of which are identified in the BC Major Infrastructure Projects Brochure.
- Infrastructure BC is currently supporting owners in the transportation, health, and accommodation sectors during the construction phase; the procurements for these projects have been previously managed by Infrastructure BC. These models include Design-Build, Modified Design-Build, and Design-Build-Finance.
Director, Corporate & Government Relations