FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
October 27, 2022
Infrastructure BC celebrates two years of publishing the BC Major Projects Brochure
Vancouver, BC – Infrastructure BC is announcing the release of the latest edition of the BC Major Infrastructure Projects Brochure.
“The publishing of the fall 2022 BC Major Infrastructure Projects Brochure is a milestone as it represents two years of Infrastructure BC supporting the market with detailed project information,” states Mark Liedemann, Infrastructure BC President and CEO. “The BC Major Infrastructure Projects Brochure has grown from 50 projects within the first edition published in December 2020 to today’s brochure, which features over 80 projects. Additionally, we have seen the contributors to the brochure grow. The initial brochure contained projects only from the Province of B.C. Today’s brochure captures projects from the Province of B.C., Metro Vancouver, Capital Regional District, TransLink, and Vancouver Fraser Port Authority.”
The BC Major Infrastructure Projects Brochure focuses on prospective public projects greater than $50 million from the early planning stage to pre-procurement and active procurement. “Today’s construction environment continues to require a broad spectrum of procurement options. Infrastructure BC assists government and project owners in selecting the best delivery model to build complex projects such as highways, bridges, schools, and hospitals,” explains Liedemann. “Over the past two years, we consistently hear of the value this brochure offers to the province’s construction market.”
The BC Major Infrastructure Projects Brochure, available via InfrastructureBC.com, is released with updates in the spring and fall of each year.
- Since 2002 Infrastructure BC has led the procurement of 70 completed projects across Canada valued at $23 billion.
- Infrastructure BC services consist of project planning, including procurement analysis (through Concept Plans and Business Cases), procurement management, design and construction oversight, contract administration, and project communications support.
- Infrastructure BC is a self-sustaining organization operating on a fee-for-service basis, governed by a Board of Directors, and reporting to the Minister of Finance as its sole shareholder.
- Infrastructure BC is working with owners in the planning phase on more than twenty projects, most of which are identified in the BC Major Infrastructure Projects Brochure.
- Infrastructure BC is currently supporting owners in the transportation, health, and accommodation sectors during the construction phase; the procurements for these projects have been previously managed by Infrastructure BC. These models include Design-Build, Modified Design-Build, Design-Build-Finance, and Alliance.
- Infrastructure BC is currently preparing for and managing ten projects in procurement. The models for these projects include Design-Build, Design-Build-Finance, Design-Build with Target Price, and Progressive Design-Build.
Director, Corporate & Government Relations