FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
April 25, 2023
Infrastructure BC releases Spring 2023 BC Major Projects Brochure
Vancouver, B.C. – Infrastructure BC is announcing the release of the Spring 2023 BC Major Infrastructure Projects Brochure. The brochure offers industry, contractors, subcontractors, and market participants a forward view allowing the market to prepare better the financial and human resources needed.
The BC Major Infrastructure Projects Brochure focuses on prospective public projects greater than $50 million from the early planning stage to pre-procurement and active procurement.
Infrastructure BC assists government and project owners in selecting the best delivery model to build complex projects such as highways, bridges, schools, and hospitals.
“Infrastructure BC remains committed to examining and implementing innovative procurement models to deal with challenging market dynamics,” states Mark Liedemann, Infrastructure BC President and CEO. “Progressive Design-Build, Competitive Alliance, Target Price Contract, and Single Target Outturn Cost Alliance are examples of new procurement models that Infrastructure BC has introduced to the market,” explains Liedemann.
The BC Major Infrastructure Projects Brochure, available via InfrastructureBC.com, is released with updates in the spring and fall of each year. The Spring 2023 brochure captures projects from the Province of B.C., Metro Vancouver, Capital Regional District, TransLink, and Vancouver Fraser Port Authority.
- Since 2002 Infrastructure BC has led the procurement of 74 completed projects across Canada valued at $25 billion.
- Infrastructure BC services consist of project planning, including procurement analysis (through Concept Plans and Business Cases), procurement management, design and construction oversight, contract administration, and project communications support.
- Infrastructure BC is a self-sustaining organization operating on a fee-for-service basis, governed by a Board of Directors, and reporting to the Minister of Finance as its sole shareholder.
- Infrastructure BC is working with owners in the planning phase on more than 18 projects, most of which are identified in the BC Major Infrastructure Projects Brochure.
- Infrastructure BC is currently supporting owners in the transportation, health, and accommodation sectors during the construction phase; the procurements for these projects have been previously managed by Infrastructure BC. These models include Design-Build, Modified Design-Build, Design-Build-Finance and Alliance.
Director, Corporate & Government Relations